PRESOFT, Preservation for REsearch SOFTware, is a CNRS IN2P3 funded project with the participation of CC-IN2P3, IdGC and LIGM. (2017-2018)
The objectives are to study the feasibility and necessary conditions to deploy SMPs in research labs. The work is conducted in a pragmatical way.
Software Management Plans are tools for the software sustainability.
The PRESOFT main objectives are:
- to develop realistic procedures and template
- adapted to the researchers end engineers needs,
- for the realisation of SMPs in research units.
- to study the feasibility, benefits and constraints, acceptability and the necessary conditions
for a real adoption of SMP practice by researchers, Phd students and software project managers for their
own research software production,
- to assess the impact of the implementation of SMPs in research units in order to manage the unit’s research software assets, estimate software sustainability cost, increase portfolio value
and obtain a global view on the unit’s developments and related skills,
- to publish results.